ESI Staff Engineer Position (Fairfax)
The Engineers and Surveyors Institute (ESI), based in Chantilly, Virginia, is a not-for-profit organization with a 30 year history of exemplary service to the land development industry and its local government partners within Northern Virginia. ESI maintains a high reputation as an industry leader and partner providing a comprehensive portfolio of services that benefit our partners to promote excellence in construction plan design and submission, enhanced communication between all partners, and a full educational program involving over 60 classes per year for our members.
ESI has an immediate opening for an experienced Civil Engineer with a Professional Engineer license in Virginia to join our team as one of our Senior Staff Engieers, serving our partners in the quality assurance review of plans submitted by Architectural, Engineering and Surveying firms in the Northern Virginia area. Our engineers check plans prior to submission to local jurisdictions for development permitting in order to determine if the plans meet county required standards, policies and guidelines.
- have a minimum of six years of experience in civil engineering plan design or review within the Northern Virginia area
- possess a current Professional Engineer certification in the State of Virginia
- have basic computer skills (proficiency with Microsoft-based systems such as Word, Excel, etc. is preferred)
The preferred candidate will have:
- strong and effective oral and written communication skills
- an ability to work collaboratively and be a team player
- good practical knowledge using business/engineering production software (word processing, spreadsheets, presentation, GIS, internet, automated design applications)
This position is full-time with benefits available. Starting salary is commensurate with relevant experience. Any who are interested in this posting should send an expression of interest and resume to Brittany Kitchens at email@example.com.
ESI is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Candidate must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Local interview of qualifying applicant(s) will be conducted. Successful applicants may be required to complete a criminal background check and driving record check to the satisfaction of the employer.